- Hot summers from September to April, and mild winters from May to August
- During summer, daytime high temperatures average 30°C/86°F, while night-time lows seldom drop below 14°C/57°F
- The summer rains wash through the area between November and March, and dramatic thunderstorms may light up the afternoons
- During winter, daytime high temperatures average 20°C/68°F, while night-time lows average a chilly 8°C/46°F
- Winter is the dry season, and days are usually clear and sunny
Best time to travel
- A year-round travel destination, with hot summers and mild winters
- February to May: last months of the rainy season, when the Victoria Falls have their highest flow and are at their most impressive
- June to August: warm days and cool evenings, with little to no rain, but plenty of water still flows over the falls
- October to November: dry months, when the falls are at their lowest – but without the dense spray from the falls, visitors are afforded a clear view
- Water flow over Zimbabwe’s side of the falls is permanent, with the volume changing according to the seasons
- Malaria: Stanley & Livingstone Boutique Hotel is located in a malaria area, and we urge you to consult your doctor about malarial prophylactics before visiting.
- Yellow fever: There is no risk of yellow fever in Zimbabwe – proof of vaccination on applying for a Zimbabwean visa is only required if you are travelling from a yellow fever risk country (e.g. Zambia).